<VV> High performance coil problem / Mounting?????

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Nov 12 23:55:27 EST 2007

Um, Matt, the other 49 states had the coils mounted on the right head
for a few more years than California. I have never owned a Corvair with
the coil not mounted on the head until now. My 64 A/C sedan has the coil
on the engine lid latch brace.

The only reason GM moved the coil was to allow the A/C compressor or
A.I.R. pump to be mounted on the right head. I never heard of it being
moved for any other reason. Same with rotating the distributor one tower
so the vacuum advance clears the belt for the A/C compressor or A.I.R. pump.

Frank DuVal