<VV> Megasquirt Throttlebodies

Blaine Sanders utvairs at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 21:21:39 EST 2007

All this talk of Megasquirts has got my motor running again.  I've put together a financial plan that should allow me to put a system together in the next 6 - 9 months.  I'm going to go the throttle-body route, so as to keep costs at a minimum.  I'm thinking the way to go is with a throttle-body (or two) from a motorcycle or 4-wheeler.  My buddy and I put a pair of modified Yamaha 400 EX carbs on a corvair and WHEW!  Talk about snappy throttle response!  We had trouble with hood clearance, though, because the carbs are side-draft, and we don't have a mandrel bender at our disposal.  So I would like to stick with a pair of down-draft throttle-bodies if possible.  I'm not looking for performance so much as fuel economy and reliability.  Anyone care to comment on my ideas?

If you think it's doomed to failure, please tell me why and/or make an alternate suggestion.  Any info on the CFM ratings of the original carbs would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
Blaine