<VV> Late model trunk lock

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 15:41:15 EST 2007

Ed,

This was discussed a few months back in VV.  If you are right handed  remove
the driver's side headlight chrome trim which will expose the screws/nuts
that hold the headlight bucket in place--remove them.  Push firmly, but  slowly
in (I used a towel over the headlights when I had to do this), rocking  the
bucket from side to side as the 40 year old sealer breaks loose.  When  the
bucket has been pushed back into the trunk you can reach in and turn the end  of
the flat rod that protrudes slightly from the lock mechanism.  (This is  the rod
that is attached to the key cylinder and extends into the lock  mechanism).
The trunk will pop open as it normally does.

Replace the bucket using new sealer (3M rope caulk works well) and you're
back on the road.

Best of luck

Bob Hall
Group Corvair