<VV> Megasquirt Throttlebodies (sic)

burkhard at rochester.rr.com burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 16:33:50 EST 2007

Blaine -

Kudos on the Megasquirt thoughts1 Are you talking about throttle body
INJECTION, though?  That isn't the same as "throttle bodies". Every
port-injected gasoline engine still has throttle bodies (even the
modern BMW Valvetronic ones that supposedly don't).  The throttle body
is just the air control valve gizmo that looks rather like a carb and
has a butterfly valve (or 2) in it. Whether or not it has fuel
injectors is a different matter entirely...  The ones with fuel
injectors are commonly called TBIs.  If it's just called a "throttle
body" that implies no fuel injection there, but rather at the ports or
(increasingly) direct in-cylinder.

Jim Burkhard