<VV> suspension wobble

RI Corviar ricorvair at cox.net
Wed Nov 14 20:00:09 EST 2007

I am still investigating the front end of my 65.  A bit bouncy on the
highway.

Placed a jack under the front suspension between the pivot and the ball
joint (as close to the wheel as I could get),

Drivers side no movement (the other side is on a ramp so it doesn't
move).  Tie rod swivels, but does not move left to right.  Ball joints
grease nicely.  Wheel feels tight.

Passenger side.  Wheel rocks up down and every which way.  From the
bottom at least an inch.. I can lay and move the wheel it is moving at
the ball joints.

Does this mean the passenger side needs replacement?