<VV> FC rear A arms and cross member diferences

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Wed Nov 14 20:01:48 EST 2007

   This afternoon, while working with the rear axle of my Greenbrier 64, I noticed that the rubber bushings on the "A" arms were in decent shape but, as it is a restoration job and, not wanting to discard those still usable bushings, I got from my stash another pair of arms (61-62) with bad bushings (to be changed for new ones) and put them side to side with the 64s. First thing I noticed is that the hole where the shock absorber passes thru is different (smaller on the 64's) then, measured the distance between the holes where the shock absorber lower mounting attaches and found: 2 13/16" on the 61-62's and 2 15/16" on the 64's.
   Looking at the crossmember noticed that, while on the 61-62's the rubber bumpers (triangle like) are bolted, on the 64's are push mounted. Of course, those triangle like bumpers have a different base. Later, at home, looked in the parts catalog and it shows the same parts numbers for 61-65 FCs.
  Just wanted to pass this info in case it could be helpful to somebody.

  Daniel Monasterio (working on the underbody of my new toy)