<VV> short circuit '69 lights solved??

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 15 19:39:37 EST 2007

Jim,
    I disconnected the front and rear wiring harnesses to isolate the problem.  I make the test light and hooked it up. The light did not come on !!  I turned the parking light on, it lit up. That told me that there was no longer a short, but a good + circuit.

   I reconnected the front and rear harnesses and the fuse held. I even made sure all the lights were lit including the brake lights and then ran the engine up to 13.5 volts and the fuse held.

   All the appropriate lights work,  but I'll have to check every day. The lights in the AUX gages are a dead give away to see day or night.

   VV Thanks for  all the tips and the test light is with all the other home made tools.

Jim Bannister <jimster1 at earthlink.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                The test light is truly the hot setup.  You can stand on your head under the dash and wiggle to your heart’s content and just keep one eye peeled for what’s hapnin’ with the light.  You’ll save boxes of fuses while you troubleshoot.  Jim