<VV> Corvair Humor

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 17 11:24:23 EST 2007

Many years gao, when I wasn't as smart as I am today, I had a van with a tired 80 engine. I transplanted a not too tired 110 into it. All went well till I was returning from a Lime Rock Corvair weekend. I started loosing oil an the rate of about a quart every 30-40 miles. I did make it home by buying a lot of oil and stopping to refill. It was pouring out of the bell housing.
   Upon tearing the engine out I discovered I forgot to install the two bottom bolts that hold the bell housing to the engine. A tough lesson for two missing bolts.

MIKE KOVACS