<VV> spark plug threads

richard white sarge9444 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 05:58:01 EST 2007

Heres how I would fix it. retap the hole using the appropriate drill and tap. Use a heavy grease on the drill and tap. You may have to use a counter bore to make sure the seat for the plug is perpendicular to the threads. I would have the cylinder at TDC. blow out the threads with an air gun. rotate the engine thru a couple of revolutions to  clear out any additional  debris. Install helicoil. Don't drop the tang for the helicoil into the cylinder. Thats the best I can do for you other than installing it. Shoot the guy who over wrenched the threads.
Rich