<VV> Downshift Timing Valve

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Nov 18 10:12:52 EST 2007

From: "George Jones" <65crownv8 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Leftover Parts for a PG, HELP!

Thanks for the reply Jim. As a matter of fact, I just came from
Smitty's, where he did the research in Bob Ballew's book. I'll have to
get a copy from Corvanatics. Wish the photo's were better, but the
technical descriptions are great.

On Nov 17, 2007 5:47 PM, James Davis wrote:
> Yep, it is the downshift timing valve. It goes in into the passage
> next to the low band servo. Pointed end down. Without it there
> will be a big clunk as the transmission downshifts into low as you
> come to a stop. It has several other uses but you should buy Bob
> Ballew's powerglide booklet to see just what going on in a
> PG. Corvanatics sells the booklet..... or see Smitty; he knows everything ;-).
> Jim Davis
  Smitty says:  Two things,  First it is the UltraVan club that sells the books and second, a Question,  Appreciate your come back Jim, but which way is down?  Would that be pointy end in the hole or flat end?    And If I knew "everything" we wouldn't be asking questions.  gg