<VV> Brake gremlin

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 23:44:36 EST 2007

Actually the Factory manual (1961) says to pull the handle up 4 clicks, then adjust the cable to get heavy drag on the wheels. Heavy drag by hand is not going to hold the car on a hill, so I am sure after that adjustment you would be able to pull the handle much more than 4 clicks (probably 9 clicks :-))

  I don't know what the Concours rule is. I vaguely remember someone telling me to pull my brake a few clicks with it idling, then shift to D and R to prove it didn't move. But I don't remember how many clicks. My last judging form said "strain at half travel" as the judging criteria for the parking brake - not sure what that might mean.

  J R Read said:

<<I'm not a concurs guy, but it seems to me that I heard (or read) that
 the
judges are looking for 3 or 4 clicks on the E brake handle.
  Supposedly,
that would be "factory" adjustment.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on