<VV> painting exhaust manifolds + push rod tubes

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 20 20:49:25 EST 2007

It seems I read somewhere about painting the push rod tubes WHITE for heat reduction of oil (I know every little bit helps). Can anyone tell me with what kind of paint to use? Brand name and paint code would be appreciated. I did these 2,000 miles ago (before I lost my valve seat in Colorado on my way to Palm Springs) and now all the paint just flakes off.
The same with my exhaust manifolds.
Finally, am I able to use my 140 exhaust manifolds on my 95 HP heads?
Thanks all.
Timothy Shortle in Durango.