<VV> painting exhaust manifolds + push rod tubes

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Nov 21 07:28:30 EST 2007

shortle wrote:

>It seems I read somewhere about painting the push rod tubes WHITE for heat reduction of oil (I know every little bit helps).

This tech tip is from WAAY back when they were trying to get Buna-N and
nitrile o-rings to last. With viton the paint is unnecessary.

>The same with my exhaust manifolds.

Never heard of painting these white for operational reasons. I have seen
exhaust manifolds that can be seen (ours are shrouded) Jet coated or
porcelanlized for looks.

>Finally, am I able to use my 140 exhaust manifolds on my 95 HP heads?
>Thanks all.

No, the 140 manifolds have larger holes where they attach to the exhaust
stacks. The gaskets won't seal well.

Frank DuVal