<VV> painting exhaust manifolds + push rod tubes

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 21 01:58:30 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/20/2007 5:49:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
shortle556 at earthlink.net writes:

It seems  I read somewhere about painting the push rod tubes WHITE for heat
reduction of  oil (I know every little bit helps). Can anyone tell me with what
kind of  paint to use? Brand name and paint code would be  appreciated.
VHT makes several paints that should work on the tubes.

I did  these 2,000 miles ago (before I lost my valve seat in Colorado on my
way to  Palm Springs) and now all the paint just flakes off.
The same with my  exhaust manifolds.

You can put VHT on these, but nothing seems to really last. They can be
ceramic coated but it is expensive.

Finally, am I able to use my 140 exhaust manifolds on my 95 HP  heads?

No - The exhaust tubes on the 95/110/180 heads are smaller than the 140
tubes. The manifolds will be a loose fit, and might leak exhaust gases. Not  good.
You can bolt them on, though.

Thanks all.
Timothy Shortle in Durango.