<VV> Yenko Serial Tag sold on Ebay - Rev C

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 21 16:07:43 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/21/2007 11:33:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dkeillor at tconcepts.com writes:

Did the  Yenko tags replace the factory VIN tag, or where they used in
addition to  the factory VIN?

Dave Keillor

I was the third registered owner of YS003. The car was registered in
California (to Richard Finch) just ahead of me as a Chevrolet. It was in West
Virginia before that. It had a Chevy VIN plate with a GM Serial number,  starting
with the Corsa Coupe ID. The Yenko ID plate was installed on the  drivers door
pillar, below (as I recall) the upper hinge facing to the rear of  the car,
attached with two small Phillips-head screws. It stayed as a registered  Chevy as
long as I had it. The plate was on the car when I sold it, in that same
position. Of course, that was back when SCCA required it be a Yenko to run in
Road Racing. We had to have the plate installed. - Seth  Emerson