<VV> RE: New Clutch Isnt Working

Steve Brennan Alohaz at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 02:37:06 EST 2007

Wow, Bill.  I never would have thought of that scenario.  But at this point,
I am beginning to wonder . . ..   I do recall that the pilot shaft bushing
fit rather tight on the shaft.  However, I did pre-oil it per the books.  If
there are any tips on how to best "run it in" while reducing the chance of
spinning the bushing in the flywheel, I am all ears.

My efforts to "burn" the clutch in, by slowly letting the clutch out while
the car is blocked in place, have shown no improvement in the problem.
(Does anyone know if a Kevlar clutch will take longer to "burn in?")  So, as
of now, your "direct drive" scenario is definitely in play.

Thanks again, Bill.
Steve