<VV> Pin Stripes on 65 Corsas

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 24 16:09:07 EST 2007

I went and looked at the Corsa Convert that was for sale and read the emails
to the seller.  In there someone mentioned that pin stripes were an option,
however from everything I have seen and read they were standard on the 65
Corsa.  The sales brochure states that pin stripes were part of the Corsa
package, along with all the other items that made the Corsa different in
'65.  I looked in a Corvair book at a window sticker and picture of a 65
Corsa which had pin stripes on it and there was nothing there listed on the
window sticker for a pin stripe.  This was a picture of the car the day the
author bought it.  On Gary's Corsa site he states: "During the '65 model
year, the Corsa had a contrasting pin-stripe running around the nose to the
rear cove area on each side, positioned just below the belt-line."  And from
what I recall reading elsewhere, though I can't find it now, it was supposed
to be 1/8 inch below the belt line should you ever repaint the car.

The original owner of my 65 Corsa told me about the difficult time he had
finding someone who would hand paint the pin stripe on the car after he had
it painted. Everyone wanted to use tape instead of hand painting it.  The
pin stripe on mine is not very accurate at maintaining the 1/8 inch spacing.

So who is correct?  Did some '65 Corsas come without pin stripes?  My car
was built in May of '66, so if it were a mid production change, then it
happened after that.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member