<VV> Corsa Pinstriping

Bigwave thebigwave at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 19:09:38 EST 2007

As far as I know, you did not have the option to delete the pinstripe when ordering. All 65 Corsa models received the pinstripe except some of the very early cars from the very start of the production year. Of course I'm sure due to human error a Corsa may have escaped getting its pinstripe, but it was not something that could be deleted when ordering. If someone has some documentation that says otherwise, I'd love to see it.

Regards
Bigwave Dave

Here is some info I recieved about 65 pinstriping:

Corsa pinstripe:

Regarding 1965 Corsa stripes, they all came with them excepting at most a few very early production cars, Canadian job #11 didnt have one as example that I could find. Certainly by about the first week they all did. At start production there were only three colors offered, white, black and red. AFAIK red was mostly intended for black cars, and cars with red upholstery that were not also red finish. Default seems to be black. The color was selected to compliment primarily the paint finish. Late in production a few more colors were added, to a total of seven or so, about March, 1965. Chevy Impala Sport Sedans with the Caprice Custom option (it wasn't its own series in '65, but rather a mid year option package) came with the pinstripes in the extra colors as well. The exact formulas for the stripes can be found in 1965-'66 paint catalogues for Chevrolet Models. Look for the Caprice ones. The stripes are painted a  little differently at each factory and at different time of year. The vast majority of stripes are a bit below the fender 'peak' and right across the front.  The original stripe paint is a one shot enamel, which didn't stick too good, they can be polished right off the car as they are much softer than the acrylic lacquer beneath. That may account for some missing from 'original paint' cars. Usually they leave a darker shadow where they had been however. Door edge guards also do this sometimes. Look close. 1965 only, not offered for the 66 model Corsa's

Pin stripe location : (Found only on 1965 Corsa)

A1/16th single line running all the way around the car except in the cove; it is positioned 1/8th below the body line. Stripe color is black on crocus yellow and red on madeira maroon.