<VV> 66 Corsa dash refinishing/restoration

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 21:25:12 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/25/2007 6:16:55 P.M. Central Standard Time,
OrchidEsquire at aol.com writes:

Is there  any way to remove the trim rings without damaging  them.

Tin snips? :^)

The trim rings are part of the dash face plate stamping, they don't come
off. This make painting the dash face a difficult task.

I use liquid mask, available at most hobby store that carry model  airplanes,
cars or trains. You have to brush the liquid on to the area you  don't want
paint (the rings). This is a HUGE pain, but if you use a good fine  tip brush
it will give great results. I give the rings two coats just to make  sure
they're covered. I also lightly scribe around the base of the rings or help  keep
the liquid mask on the ring. Once the paint is dry, the mask just  peels off.

Ned