<VV> Trunk hood seal, soggy saddle bags, brake wrench choices

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 25 22:08:42 EST 2007

Find Bill Hubble and put him in the trunk and go around it on the outside
with a light so he can find the leaks (which could also be the headlight
buckets).  <Really BIG GRIN>  Do you have the seal in correctly.  I've seen
them installed upside down.  Do you have nice straight body seems on both
sides of the lid - between the fenders and the lid and also along the air
inlet below the windshield?  You might need some adjustment where the lid
meets the hinges.

If everything is aligned on those three sides, you can adjust the height of
the bent U shaped latching piece for a tighter fit at the front.

Your hinges are creaking???, lube them.

Saddle bags????  Is this a horse?  Or, just Texas terminology?

Later, JR
CCE CORVANANTICS CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)