<VV> Powerglide Slipping on Upshift

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Mon Nov 26 18:16:43 EST 2007

Hi Corvair Experts!

I made the classic mistake of fixing something that wasn't broke. The trans
pan on my 69 500 95 HP PG coupe was leaking a little so I decided to replace
the gasket. I did so without any problem and I noticed that the vacuum
modulator valve looked like it had been salvaged from the Titanic so I
replaced it with one of Clark's repos. After all this, the previously slick
shifting PG now slips on the upshift (it revs a little before engaging
high). I checked the fluid and found that I had overfilled it by about a
pint, so I drained the fluid so it's now at the proper level when warm. It
still slips. I am thinking about digging the Titanic modulator out of the
garbage can and reinstalling it. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

69 500 Coupe