<VV> 110 HP/95 HP differences for 1968-1969

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 18:18:13 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/26/2007 4:07:02 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
corvairs at pacifier.com writes:

But that  isn't true. Both the open chamber (hemis...etc) head and the 95hp
head have  the  same compression ratio (or at least almost the same) but that's
it.  The chamber design of the 95hp head had a flat step and a lower raised
area  while the turbo/smog pump head has an open chamber. Technically different
 with, what we could assume, different operating  features. Lon

Well, yes. But now you have changed the subject! The topic was on the
1968/69 smog heads. That is what we are addressing.

If you want to start a new topic, then please do so.  But please  change the
subject in the email headings. Your email still says the subject is  for
1968/69.

What you are referring to a 95hp head, which has a squish area is used only
on the pre-1968 engines. It was never used on the smog engines. Never used on
the 1968/69 engines.

OK, sure the squish head used on the 1964-67 95 hp engines had about the
same CR as the open-chamber smog 95 hp engines. But so what? Sure there were
some octane and detonation differences (as well as some others) but everybody
knows that. Is that your point?
Regards,
Bob Helt