<VV> Turbocharging using standard 110 carburetors

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Nov 28 11:31:56 EST 2007

Turbocharging and supercharging work the same way ... they are just driven differently.
Ford and Kaiser supercharged their engines.  I don't remember what Ford did but Kaiser
built a cast iron box around the carb so the pressure would be on the fuel bowl as well as through the venturi.  There may be a need to adjust jetting.
You can turbo-charge an engine one of three basic ways, with fuel  injection,
or where you suck air through the carburetor, as a standard corvair  turbo,
or where you blow air through the carburetor.  Does any know if  anyone
attempted to modify a corvair standard turbo engine by removing the  standard
carburetor, and just using an air cleaner, and then blowing the  air through 2
standard 110 carburetors by modifying the tube running from the  turbo to the
intake. I am looking for anyone who has done it or may have some  pictures of it?