<VV> broken bolt relief

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 20:20:34 EST 2007

Using an oxyacetylene cutting torch to remove (burn out) stuck bolts is quite effective in thru holes. Like manifold ears, etc.  It usually leaves the threads in good shape, just needing to have a tap run thru to remove light slag.  The junk in the rocker is the scary part.

I don't think I've ever broken a bolt, or even had much difficulty loosening it, after heating the bolt to softly glowing with an oxyacetylene torch.  Any thing less than oxy-(some kind of fuel) just isn't hot enough.

--
Dan Timberlake

Message: 9