<VV> oily radios

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 1 19:18:12 EDT 2007

Let's be careful with how we state things

some applications of resistor plugs are to increase  spark voltage

Mobil 1 motorcycle oils don't claim higher Zn & P levels, they just have
them (determined by actual testing, Thanks to a few certain individuals)
and this is normal levels for their API classification

I will be greatly surprised if the oil companies share data about their
proprietary formulations, and even more greatly surprised should they
actually test at those levels.

Product testing is the Only Way to make a valid determination of
content, just like toys from China saying "lead free paint" on the label.

A stock ignition system has three condensers -- one inside the
distributor, to minimize (hopefully) point arcing, the coil itself is
another condenser, and the RF suppression one attached to the coil
bracket.  Listening to your ignition system on an untuned AM frequency
can tell you a lot about the condition of the spark distribution system,
especially if you don't own your own floor dyno set up.  I can recall
actually installing those little plug-in coil wire resistors to resolve
customer complaints about noise, back in days before folks like Seth
made good wires available

comments and/or corrections appreciated,

Strickland