<VV> Windshields

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 2 00:06:55 EDT 2007

Stephen,

https://www.safelite.com

Just replaced the windshield on my '65 Convert last year.  Nice windshield,
blue band on top.  I love it.  My old one had 280,000 miles of sand pits in
it.  Driving into the sun was a nightmare.  Darn the bad luck, a passing
truck rocked it and it split.  ;-)

If the used windshield is not now cracked, it's likely it can be installed
without cracking it.  However, they CAN take a set (warp) sitting wrong in
the heat for years.  If it has, it'll probably crack either immediately or
after a few months.  Also, it's unlikely to be as nice looking as a new one.
Depends on your budget, but I'd recommend a new one.

Roger