<VV> Throttle Return Spring - 140 motor

Keith Onchuck keitho64 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 14:11:28 EDT 2007

My idle is hanging up and I know I have a very weak
return spring.  It is on the main linkage from the
pedal.  I am wondering if there should be return
springs on each carb.  I verified that the primary
carbs are not going back to idle all the time.

Can someone point me to a good picture of how their
throttle return spring(s) are setup on a 140?  I was
thinking if there was a spring on each primary carb it
would work better.  I planned to fabricate a mount on,
or by, the carb to connect a spring to but want to
poll the experience here.  Any ideas or pictures are
appreciated.

Thanks

Keith