<VV> Throttle Return Spring - 140 motor

Airvair65 at aol.com Airvair65 at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 15:04:55 EDT 2007

I just went thru this. If the carb linkage is not binding,start at the
engine ,disconnect the rod tha goes to the bell crank and hook the pull back
spring to the cross rod. If the idle comes down , hook the rod up and start
forward, taking each rod loose and noting the results. As was mentioned, the
problem will probably be in the bell crank at the accelerator pedal. There are
plastic bushings there that my be worn or they may need some lube. I used PB
Blaster on mine. You may have to pull the carpet back to lube the pivot on the
floor. The the nut holding the accelerator pedal to the bell crank may also be
too tight. I had a combination of needing lube and an incorrectly installed
pedal. Good Luck

Bill Pierson