<VV> Lost number 5

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Thu Oct 4 09:26:33 EDT 2007

     Two days ago my 62 Rampside lost power (suddenly) while driving back home. Yesterday, after several checkings, I found:
1.- Valve train Ok.
2.- Zero compression on cylinder # 5. All others on the 140-150 psi range.
3.- Some back spiting on right carb.
4.- No cliking or hitting noise.

     I am pretty sure it is the intake valve seat and, if so, it will be my first one on a 110 HP engine (twice on 140's over 35 years). I don´t remember how bad could be for the engine to use it this way for some 30-50 more miles with light load. I have a rebuilt head (not mine but 110s) at hand but, not enough time to change it today.

    Any advice ?

    Thanks

    Daniel Monasterio