<VV> Chris Papp

PEPRLP at aol.com PEPRLP at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 09:28:09 EDT 2007

To all who responded to my request for locating the USAF mbr who sold me my
Wagon, thanks for the response.

Forgive me if this violates the intent or purpose of this forum, but I should
have mentioned my knowledge of Chris and it would not be generating all the
individual responses I have received.

Yes, I was aware of Father Papps passing, having been informed of his
condition when I returned from Korea in Feb 1998. I was able to speak with him by
phone before his passing. I will never forget how upbeat he actually was, stating
matter-of-factly that he "currently had a running bet with God over who was
getting to heaven first before Easter (we were speaking in Mar 98 I think), me
or Jesus"? Chris won the bet.

He told be of finding a person to take his last ride, a big green Hudson. It
was important to him and he spoke kindly and excitedly about that persons
passion for the car.

Back in Michigan, we benched raced and BS's many a day in his garage and he
spoke fondly of the corvair club in VA and of Corsa. Thats how I found out
about Corsa.

I think of Chris Papp often, especially when I see a Blue LM Vert. I enjoyed
his company and was proud to
have served with him.

Phil Pender