<VV> 140 W/PG Compression

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Wed Oct 10 23:15:03 EDT 2007

I have two sets of reworked 140 heads ready to use.   I am building a 140
to go into a '65 sedan with PG and AC.
Base block is going to be a OT10 cam, nitrided std crank.   Pistons are
.040 over TRW with .070 milled  in a D-shape cut off the top portion by
the valves to
reduce C/R
but still
allow good quench area (thanks again Craig).

I have one set of heads that has had the gasket step milled off completely
and one
set where they have been cleaned up and about half the gasket step is
left.

I am trying to decide which set to run.   The CR will be lower with the
set that has half the step removed, but the quech will not be as good.
The other the CR will be higher, but will have a good quench of .032 from
the head gasket. IIRC when I ran these heades before true CR was 9.75:1
(with flat top pistons).

Both sets are ready to go with new deep seats, valves,
guides, de-flashed.

What say those who have run this setup?   I have taken forever getting
parts for this engine built, and have two more engines in parts ready to
go.  Any drastic changes I should make?

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
Too many vairs to count.