<VV> Front Suspension Rebuilt Advice

Keith Onchuck keitho64 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 13:46:56 EDT 2007

I am looking for some advice from the experts.  This
winter I want to drop the entire front suspension on
my 64.  I will be replacing all bushings, worn
steering parts, rebuild the steering box, replace
springs, rebuild brakes and install a dual master
cylinder.  I figure it is best to do this all in one
shot.

I do not think my suspension has been touched since
the car was built.  I have been spraying all the bolts
(that I can get to) with CRC and WD40.  Does anyone
have any words of advice prior to me undertaking this
project?  Any lessons learned from removing the bolts
that go into the blind nuts in the chassis?  My fear
is the bolts break off and I cannot get the nuts
replaced to reinstall the front cross member.

Thanks

Keith