<VV> Front Suspension Rebuilt Advice

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 11 14:21:59 EDT 2007

The six bolts that hold the crossmember to the body usually are the worst to
remove. I've had some that came right out, and others that refused to crack
loose. An impact wrench can help, but can often make the nuts impact into
their cages, causing them to spin. I don't think I've had any snap, but what
usually happens, is the cage nuts spin in place. A torch usually then is
used to cut off the bolt heads.
Once the crossmember is out, the cages can be opened up with a pry to
extract the frozen nut.
Again, a torch can be your friend...
harry yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage