<VV> Front suspension rebuild advice

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Fri Oct 12 14:51:12 EDT 2007

Here is a photo of AeroNeds Sedan front end being rebuilt:

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/newsletters/Apr07.pdf

Look at the tech tip on page seven.

At the last Tuna we tore down a front end for a club member with the crossmember clamped in a WorkMate bench.  Used the all thread with coupler nuts (twice a long as regular nuts to spread out the forces) to release the spring tension

Here is a photo of that setup:

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/newsletters/July07.pdf

Check out page 4 this time.

I am getting too old and too fat to spend a lot of time crawling around under a Corvair . . .  will leave that to the young'ns

Terry Kalp