<VV> Re: Turn Siginal/Horn Controller Issues

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 07:46:44 EDT 2007

"...Continuous Horn... is not the internal horn ring intended to be
electrically isolated from the centering bearing and race? And why, after making  a
sharp turn, can I now move the steering wheel forward and back and right and
left much further than 30-minutes previous when I had just installed the new
control assembly..."

The plot thickens... van recently back from the resto shop... they had the
wheel off. My parts & assembly books show a spring under the wheel, in the
middle, going over the steering shaft with some sort of a seat for the spring to
bear upon... none of the aforementioned parts exist under my wheel. Can
anyone  comment on the use of the spring & seat, and, better yet, does anyone have
the parts I (apparently) need?

I REALLY need to get this figured out... the van's my wife's daily driver,
and I'm not letting her drive it W/O a horn. If anyone can help, I can be
reached at work, all day eastern time, at: mikem2 at aquacal.com

Thanks for any help offered,
Mike Mauro
64 Greenbrier