<VV> Tire choice online poll

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 02:16:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/19/2007 10:37:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rbuckridge at comcast.net writes:

I had a Corvair racer, Terry Stafford, write to me and ask for your opinion
on tire choice for the up coming year. Terry isn't a member of FV or VV lists,
so he asked me to post the following question to the lists.

I am not on VV or FV. Could you ask around to see if anyone has tried the
Nitto NT01 Comp tires. I will need new tires next year. I have been very happy
with the Kumho's for the money but would consider switching.
Thanks, Terry

SO - If you compete against Terry, say at Lime Rock, be sure to suggest those
special Chinese  165/80-13 specials from Wally-Mart!  <grin>

 I hope to be running the same Toyo Proxis RA-1s next year, on my "other than
Corvair" street-tire rides. But I will be "Sticking" with the Kumhos on the
CorVenko. The recent info on the Nittos - Hearsay evidence only - is that it is
a good track tire, at least on lighter cars. Anybody hear about autocross
success? - Seth