<VV> Now, there's something you don't see every day, Chauncey (kinda Corvair)

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 00:30:38 EDT 2007

What's that Edgar?

A 1969 SKODA station wagon being used as a daily  driver.

Came across it in the bank parking lot this morning, and  immediately noticed
the rear wheels. Almost enough positive camber to look  like an early Corvair
on a lift.
Had to take a closer look. Rear suspension swingaxle has limiting  arms above
each half shaft attached with a swivel at the wheel ends- clearly  well into
their downward travel path. Probably non-original coil springs, 'cause  the
car was definitely sitting too high.
Then I started thinking.  I sure don't regret getting involved  with Corvairs
- for which correct parts and club support from other owners is  readily
available. This guy has no "Sklorlavski's Skodas" or "Skoda  Oontergronden"
catalog to order from. He may have the only Skoda registered in  NY state- nevermind
L.I.
  I actually hoped the guy would come out while I was poking  around his car
so I could congratulate him on not only keeping the thing alive-  but using it
to to daily chores. But he didn't show.
  Matt from L.I.