<VV> My First Corvair

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Thu Oct 25 00:57:06 EDT 2007

Warning!  I have posted this before!

My first Corvair was my first car, a 1963 coupe that I bought in 1970.  A Monza? with a sprayed-on vinyl top, a fresh paint job and "Fred Flintstone" floorboards.  It had a powerglide trans and a low-hp engine (I think).  It ran good on regular and was a blast to drive. I could fill the tank for $3 and drive all week.  Took a couple of road trips in it, the longest from northern Ohio to N.J. and back.

My second was a 65 Greenbrier (definitely on the list of vehicles I wish I still had) that I bought in 75.

Mike Ioanes