<VV> MAP sensor - utlimately for a Corvair

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 11:28:06 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/25/2007 8:23:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
chsadek at comcast.net writes:

Manifold  Air Pressure sensors used on more modern cars sense vacuum in the
manifold as  I understand it. Some are mounted on a firewall with a vacuum line
to the  manifold.
Questions. What voltage is supplied and what voltage range vs.  vacuum range
do they sense? What is the reference? Absolute or ambient? If  ambient
pressure, how does the sensor get it? Is there a port on the  sensor?

Thanks

Chuck S
BBRT

I'm not absolutely positive how these sensors are designed but I can  tell
you one thing for certain.

They have to have some sort of port for the reference to atmosphere in  order
to provide a vacuum
signal.

I've worked with building controls over the years and any sensor like this
has to have a reference port.

Tim  Abney

Inland Empire Corvair Club