<VV> Exhaust down tube replacement

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 12:56:46 EDT 2007

How difficult is it to remove an exhaust down tube from a head while it is still on the car? Are there any tricks to make the process easier? My car has become my driver again, and I have to get the heat going before it gets too cold...actually, the heater works, but there is a bad exhaust tube on one side. I've also wondered if I could simply block off that side of the engine from the heater.
David