<VV> RE: Exhaust down tube replacement

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:36:50 EDT 2007

Maybe by the book, you have to take the head off, but I've done it in the
car. I think I had to loosen a nut or two on the head studs, so they would
move out of the way. It took a lot of grunting and cussing while I worked it
loose with what ever I could hold onto it with, but it came out. The
replacement was tapped in with some of that "muffler sealer" stuff.

This was on number five cylinder, which is probably the one you have bad,
since it gets splashed the most by the rear wheel.

Marc Sheridan
Waverly OH