<VV> RE: Exhaust tube replacement: I stand corrected, I guess

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 17:37:07 EDT 2007

I'm really surprised to hear that you can remove an exhaust tube with the
head in place.  About a month ago I had a '63 Spyder in the shop with a
loose exhaust tube.  It was completely loose, as in flopping around 1/4".
As much as I pulled, pried, smacked and otherwise tried, that totally loose
tube simply wouldn't get past the head stud.  I didn't try releasing the
head nut- I suppose it's possible that it could deflect some.  I'll have to
try that next time.

Craig