<VV> Engine salvage attempt

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 25 22:49:42 EDT 2007

I need help to salvage a 140 from a car here locally (Dallas/ Ft.
Worth metroplex) hopefully this Saturday.  Several things have to
fall into place to pull this off by Saturday so there is no guarantee
that it will even happen.  I should know for sure by tomorrow night.
I hope to rebuild the engine perhaps next summer; this isn't a money
mining operation, but the saving of a most likely rare engine. I'll
provide all of the tools and get the engine as close as possible to
the actual separation from the transmission as I can by myself.  I
really need someone who is familiar with the removal process and can
lend a hand if the going gets physical during the process of
separating it from the transmission and taking it out of the engine
bay.  I have a 1500 pound motorcycle lift to lower the engine and a 2
ton jack and jack stands, but it (the engine lift) will have to be
placed on sheets of plywood (or wood) because the car is located on a
ground surface.  I should be able to provide the haul away
transportation, but may need a hand loading it (me, brother-(or
brothers)-in-law, and the owner - perhaps you.  Unloading will be my
baby.  I hope to start as early as 8:00 in the morning in order to
complete the job (removal and loading) by noon.  Your part would
probably start around 10:00 if I need assistance.

Stephen Upham
NTCA, CORSA member