<VV> Secondary Carbs

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 20:55:35 EDT 2007

In addition to Harry and Grant's comments, a helpful item is to lightly
bottom the idle mixture screw so no fuel goes thru, make sure the linkage is
adjusted so you do not get air past the throttle plates. Since you have idle
circuits in the primaries used as secondaries, if there is too high an idle
rpm, or air rushing past the edge of the "closed" 'secondary',  you will get
into what is called the transition or progression region. This allows
fuel/air to pass out the slot in the throat of the carb right about where
the throttle plate is, near the idle port-where the needle sticks thru. This
fuel is drawn from the idle passageway (only in primary carbs). This makes
the car run faster and then carb synch and everything else a pain.

Chuck S
BBRT