FW: <VV> Secondary Carbs

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sat Oct 27 09:00:20 EDT 2007

It's my understanding people go to primaries in place of secondaries for one of two reasons.  Neither of which I understand.   The first involves using the idle circuits will flow enough gas to keep the bowls of the secondaries form varnishing up.  No why in the #&!! would you have secondary carbs if you weren't going to push the skinny pedal to the floor now and then and push a lot of fuel through the main jets which is a lot more fun and will also keep the carbs from varnishing up. The second is to get power valves.  I'm not sure why you need power valves on carbs that are essentially digital.  Just use secondaries and jet them for WOT.  In this application I would change the throttle plate to one out of real secondaries so they don't have the mouse bite out of them and close the idle mixture screw. As for the people who talk about not using accelerator pumps in secondaries, I only use real secondary carbs that are drilled for accelerator circuits and have the pumps adjusted to give the biggest squirt I can.  It works for me! Dennis