<VV> Secondary Carbs

Cliff tibbitts at qx.net
Sat Oct 27 10:36:19 EDT 2007

Dennis and All,

I should know this, and Matt will probably tell me to look it up in the
"Manual."  But, I'm thick skinned and willing to take a chance here.

Something Dennis said got me to wondering about one of my secondary carbs.
At idle, 600-650 RPM, I cannot stop air flow through one of my secondary
carbs.  I hold the throttle closed as hard as I can and it still won't stop
the air. (Passenger side.)

QUESTIONS:  Are all throttle plates the same diameter?  Could it possibly be
that this throttle plate is not filling the bore?  It is definitely not a
primary plate as it does not have the "mouse bite." Are there other reasons
why it might be pulling all that air? I did loosen the screws on the shaft
and adjusted the plate in the bore while holding it up to the sun so that I
could cut out as much light as possible.  I am convinced it is as centered
in the bore as is possible.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY
66 Monza 140/4