<VV> Re: Rick Stansbury

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Oct 26 21:59:21 EDT 2007

Prior to moving to Virginia from New Jersey, Rick was an active
member of my local chapter, NJACE, and it was a pleasure to spend
more time with him again when he became active in the NECC
events.  I've often repeated for friends a riotous one-liner he
delivered as a group of us hung out in a restaurant (a saloon,
really) during the Lexington convention.

It was my pleasure to drive his Corvair racer at Pocono a number of
years back.  I failed to beat the owner.  And he taught the owner of
a hi-po Mustang all about Corvairs that day, running him hard for
about a dozen laps.

It was a sad day when he crashed the car at Pocono a year or two
later.  But this latest news... well, I can't find the words.

This hobby is really more about people than it is about cars, and
2007 has been a tough year on the people.

--Bob