<VV> Re: Oil pressure sending switch

GFrenzie at aol.com GFrenzie at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 19:47:35 EDT 2007

Hello all Fc'ers...

A few months ago, I wrote and asked for any ideas in fixing my '61  Rampside,
as the oil pressure sending switch decided to "go south" on me. Well,  with
the Ramp having a generator, getting to the switch was almost impossible,  as
the fan belt pulley extended just enough over the switch that I couldn't  get a
socket on it. And accessing the bolts for the generator was  a problem also.

While walking thru my local Home Depot, I noticed a basin wrench,  and
thought, what the heck I'll give it a try. It only took about 45  minutes to replace
the switch, using the wrench as I had previously removed the  fan belt and
gas line to the left bank, so I had to replace them.

So, if any of you have to replace your switch and you have a  generator, I
suggest using a basin wrench. It ended up being a "piece of cake"  to replace
the switch.

Thanks to all that previously offered  suggestions on how to  fix the problem.

George
Corsa...ACORNS #148...Rochester, NY.