<VV> RE: Special 1 year only colors...Thanks to all and a cliarification...

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 28 10:54:02 EST 2007

Thank you for all the responses regarding the colors for our vairs,  I
have a complete listing of all colors, names, RPO's, and actual color
chip examples for all years as well as two tone combo's but I still need
a little help with a something I was trying to figure out.

I read or heard that there was a unique color offered each year by GM as
a sort of special color, or type of showcase color.  I seem to recall,
that the way I heard it, it started in 63 with Cordovan Brown.

During various discussions over the years I have heard 65 Evening
Orchid, 66 Aztec Bronze, 67 Royal Plum described as a special color as
well.

Most of the main green's, aqua's, red's, tan's, blue's, etc have a very
similar shade (or exact) color in other years, sometimes just with
different names...

So here's the $$1,000,000 question, was Cordovan Brown the first color
in a special "one year" color offer by GM or did Cordovan Brown, Evening
Orchid, and Aztec Bronze just happen to be trail and error color that
wasn't carried over due to other reasons?

            Has anyone ever heard of anything closely resembling what I
am talking about regard a "special" color or "feature" color that would
correspond with what I am trying to get across????

Rick Loving