<VV> CCE MEMBERSHIP

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Mon Oct 29 07:00:48 EST 2007

Hi Larry,

I'm sending this to you not as the technician extraordinaire but as the
chairman of the membership committee.  I would like to propose something
to you and in turn to CCE.  I am a fairly new member but have been to
most of the meetings since I joined and see an area that could use a
little improvement.  Before I came to my first CCE meeting I had gone on
line and printed out the page on the CCE website with the officers
pictures and when I went to the meeting I thought I would introduce
myself to some/all the officers but the 1st one just asked me to take a
seat and "we would get to that during the meeting".  During the meeting,
as is done now, new members are ask to stand up and introduce themselves
and then there maybe a smattering of applause and possibly a "see Larry
to sign up" and then.....nothing.   I have seen new people come to
meetings over the last few years and never show up a second time.  If
you go to the web site there is a sample copy of the AIRHORN from 1999
when JR Read was president and it says there were around 200 members,
age and attrition have taken care of a lot of these people and a number
of the current members are quite old, me included.  This is a long way
around to getting to the point but I just wanted to "lay the
background".  What I would like to propose is putting together a new
prospective member packet with a copy of CORSA, the AIRHORN, a picture
of the current board members, a history of CCE with what we do during
the year, possibly a short history of the CORVAIR, and a list of members
and their phone numbers who would be willing to be mentors or contacts
for more follow up information..  If new members were given a name tag
with a color that stood out then others would recognize them as a new
member.  The cost of this would be a few folders with possibly a CCE
sticker on the front.  I'm sure Charlie has extra copies of the AIRHORN
and Mike can probably supply CORSA issues with the dust jackets with
CORSA information on it.  What do you think?

Regards,

Guy